The Chairman shall be elected by the Committee from among their members.
The Committee shall:-
- recommend to the board candidates for all directorships to be filled by the shareholders of the board. In making its recommendations, the nominating committee should consider the candidates’-
- Skills, knowledge, expertise and experience;
- Integrity; and
- In the case of candidates for the position of independent non-executive directors, the nominating committee should also evaluate the candidates’ ability to discharge such
- responsibilities/functions as expected from independent non-executive directors;
- consider, in making its recommendations, candidates for directorships proposed by the Managing Director and, within the bounds of practicability, by any other senior executive or any director or shareholder;
- review annually the required mix of skills and experience and other qualities, including core competencies which non-executive directors should bring to the board and thereafter, recommend its findings to the board and for disclosure in the annual report;
- assess annually the effectiveness of the board as a whole, the committees of the board and the contribution of each existing individual director and thereafter, recommend its findings to the board;
- annually carry out a process implemented by the board, for assessing the effectiveness of the board as a whole, the Committees of the board, and for assessing the contribution of each individual director, including independent non-executive directors as well as the executive directors and all assessments and evaluations carried out by the Committee in the discharge of all its functions should be properly documented; and
- identify, evaluate and recommend candidates for appointment as secretary.